San Bruno Jail
- Location: Oakland, California
- Role: Civil Engineer of Record
- Agency: Alameda County General Services Agency
- Final Cost: $500,000,000.00
- Client: Hellmuth, Obata + Kassabaum, Inc.
Highland Hospital's roughly 14-acre campus is situated in Oakland's San Antonio District and is set in a residential neighborhood. This replacement project is responding to the State of California's legislation - SB1953. The primary elements of the design include:
- A new 246,100 sf, 9-story, 160-bed Acute Tower
- A new 82,770sf, 3-story, Outpatient Satellite Building
- A new 70,035 sf, 3-story, 176 car parking garage below the Satellite Building
- New Entry Court with drop off area and entrances
- New Courtyard with Landscape features
- New Central Plant and Service Yard
- LEED Silver
TECI provided a Schematic Design level study and prepared the Design Criteria for the Design/Build team. The primary elements of the study include the following: Construction phasing/Sequencing, Demolition, On-site improvements, Grading and Drainage, On-Site Utilities, Off-Site Utility Coordination, Minimum Construction requirements/Standards and sustainability design to incorporated into LEED.